Thursday, February 22, 2018

For Cat Lovers

Hello Topflight fans! I'm a dog person, but today I'm veering into the world of cat lovers. I designed this card for folks who love the independent spirit of cats.


The whimsical look of the IndigoBlu Kevin's Gang cat stamps are perfect for the sentiment in the set that says "DOGS come when they're called CATS take a message and get back to you". Because I wanted to simply highlight the silly kitty designs, I refrained from coloring them up (except for a tiny bit of Copic coloring for inside their ears - I couldn't help myself!). I went over the eyes, noses and fur patterns with a black Sakura Glaze Pen and just fussy cut them out. 


To create little windows from which the kitties could pop out, I used some Diemond Dies stitched heart dies that had the stitching on both the inside and outside of the hearts. I wanted the stitching detail for the heart windows and this worked perfectly. To add a bit of color, I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Spun Sugar and Picked Raspberry to create an ombre effect in each heart window.


I used thin double sided foam adhesive to position and pop up all the kitties and the card front with the heart windows. Then I heat embossed the sentiment on black card stock with white embossing powder and split it up so that the card front had the first doggy part and the inside of the card had the second kitty part. For the inside of the card, I added a fourth kitty in repose, which seemed to fit the idea of cats getting back to their people in their own time. :)


Thanks for joining me today for this homage to kitties! If you're interested in more details about the products I used or a process video, please check out my blog post HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10